- 1 LEARN ABOUT THE VILLAGE OF STURTEVANT
- 2 2016 SIDEWALK IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM
- 3 DURAND AVE CONSTRUCTION- DOT PROJECT
- 4 FALL LEAF COLLECTION CHANGES
- 5 TRASH, BULK ITEM & WHITE GOOD PICK-UP INFORMATION
- 6 VILLAGE OF STURTEVANT YARD WASTE & RECYCLING CENTER
- 7 RACINE HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE SITE
- 8 2016 BOARD OF REVIEW
- 9 STURTEVANT 2017 FIREWORKS RAFFLE
- 10 STURTEVANT YOUTH BASEBALL
- 11 BUDGET
- 12 VACANT LOTS FOR SALE
LEARN ABOUT THE VILLAGE OF STURTEVANT
2016 SIDEWALK IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM
The Village of Sturtevant has an annual program whereby sections of the Village are targeted for sidewalk repairs. In 2016, the Village will be looking at the area north of STH 11 bound by 90th Street on the East, Michigan Ave on the North, Wisconsin Street on the West and Durand Ave on the South. In the coming days, the Village DPW will be marking sections of sidewalk in need of replacement with an “x”. The property owner will then have the option of hiring a contractor to replace the sidewalk or having the Village contract for the work with costs being assessed against the property. If the property owner chooses to contract to replace the sidewalk themselves, the Village requires this work to be done by September 15, 2016. Sidewalks not repaired by that time will be automatically added into the Village’s contract and completed in fall. The Villages encourages property owners in need of sidewalk replacements to “team together” when obtaining prices from contractors for sidewalks as that usually produces a cheaper result. Questions about this year’s program can be directed to Jeff Seitz, Public Works Director at 886-7202.
DURAND AVE CONSTRUCTION- DOT PROJECT
FALL LEAF COLLECTION CHANGES
In an effort to reduce labor costs and reduce wear and tear of the Village’s street sweeper, the Village has authorized the purchase of a new leaf vacuum system. The new equipment will be delivered in time for fall 2016 efforts. This new system essentially vacuums up leaves, shreds them and stores them in a self-contained trailer unit for eventual dumping and composting. The composted material will then be made available for reuse by the residents of the Village. This system will replace the old method of bagging leaves and placing them curbside for the Public Works crews to pick up. Yard waste materials other than leaves (grass clippings, branches …) will continue to be picked up as it has been in the past or dropped off at the recycle center.
The new procedure for leaves will be to rake them into a pile or row in the area between the curb and the sidewalk. Do not rake the leaves into the street where they will plug storm sewers and cause flooding. On published curb side yard waste collection days*, and when it appears that quite a few leaves are collecting in the parkways, the Public Works crew will travel the Village and vacuum up the leaves and dispose of them. Please do not bag the leaves as we can not vacuum up the bags. Please do not mix any other materials with the leaves. No branches, no garden waste … Place materials other than leaves in separate piles and we will pick them up on yard waste collection days.
The Public Works crew is committed to providing a quality service to the residents in Sturtevant. Please help us improve our efficiency in the leaf collection process by following the above guidelines. If you have any questions regarding the new process, please call Jeff Seitz, Public Works Director at 886-7202.
2016 published curb side yard waste collection days (weather permitting) are - Monday October 10th and 24th and Monday November 7th and 21st
TRASH, BULK ITEM & WHITE GOOD PICK-UP INFORMATION
- Residents west of 90th Street have pick-up on Thursdays and residents east of 90th Street have pick-up on Fridays. Recycling pick-up is every other week.
DO NOT BLOW LEAVES OR YARD WASTE INTO VILLAGE STREETS. VIOLATORS MAY BE ISSUED A CITATION.
VILLAGE OF STURTEVANT YARD WASTE & RECYCLING CENTER
Yard Waste and Recycling Center is now open only on Saturdays for the rest of the season. Saturdays 10 am - 2 pm until November 19th (weather permitting). The recycling center is located on 87th Street 3 blocks north of Durand Avenue. 87th dead ends into the recycling center.
RACINE HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE SITE
- All Sturtevant residents have access to the Racine Household Hazardous Waste Site every third Saturday, April through October from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm.
- LOCATION: 6200 21st Street, west of Hwy 31 (north of the old Sam's Club)
- 2016 Racine Household Hazardous Waste Site Dates for Sturtevant Residents.pdf
- Items Accepted at the Racine Household Hazardous Waste Site.pdf
- Medicine Collection Dates & Information.pdf
2016 BOARD OF REVIEW
- The 2016 Board of Review is scheduled to take place at 5:00 PM on Wednesday, June 15, 2016.
- CLICK HERE TO VIEW NOTICE.pdf
STURTEVANT 2017 FIREWORKS RAFFLE
It's back!!! Time to buy your raffle ticket to support the 2017 fireworks show!!! They are $50 each this year, which means 600 need to be sold. Let's do this!!! Tickets can be purchased at Sturtevant’s Village Hall 8am-5pm (closed during lunch hour) or through a Board Trustee. Thanks!
STURTEVANT YOUTH BASEBALL
- The 2016 Budget was approved by the Village Board on November 11, 2015.
VACANT LOTS FOR SALE
Address: 2801 89th Street, Sturtevant, Wisconsin 53177
Office Hours: Monday-Friday-8 AM to Noon, 1 PM to 5 PM
General Phone Number: (262) 886-7200